25 Brilliant Ideas For Your Dissertation On Harry Potter
Harry potter is a series which hit the market with a bang. Everybody was interested about reading the latest series and waiting for the next series. This popularity made different people to have ideas of how to write their dissertation concerning harry potter. This might be interesting, but most of us will be asking which will be the theme question for a dissertation on this subject. Well, there are different books within the series and these series usually have different ideas though similar characters.
From these different ideas, thesis questions can be developed, the following are some brilliant ideas regarding a dissertation on Harry potter.
- Basic love and friendship theme; importance of friendship in overcoming evil
- Good vs. evil; prove some characters are not evil and also explore the origin of evil.
- The definition of a hero; there are a number of possibilities from this, harry, Ron, Hermione and Dumbledore.
- Topics on Racism /the conflict between pure-bloods and mud-bloods, there is also the conflict between wizards and smuggle world.
- A simple character analysis. This includes analyzing the different characters that are in the book.
- Love and death theme. These two themes dominate lots of books in the series
- Magic is Might; there has been the use of magic throughout this book, this magic is either for good or for evil purposes.
- Forgiveness, Atonement, Redemption; this basically focuses on the lives of Severus Snape, Albus Dumbledore and Harry
- Feminist Icon; Hermione is seen as only an enabler who does what the boys want.
- Corrupting influences power. Includes fantasy; from a political power to use of magical powers.
- Books are usually powerful, transformative and very dangerous, you can literally learn anything from books
- Is harry the chosen one or is one who has chosen
- Hogwart school of witchcraft is an institution where kids don’t learn anything useful
- The subject of harry potter is powerful
- The story of harry clearly depicts the importance of free will in our lives
- The story shows the influence of fate in our lives
- Is harry potter novel impossible to understand apart from understanding post modernism.
- Are the books is the series the church greatest missed opportunity
- All of the books are intended no morals, but morals are clearly drawn from them
- Voldemort is Harry shadow and it is essential that harry turn towards the good.
- Is Sverus Snape a hero or not
- Are all the women in the series weaker or it is just because JK Rowling is a feminist writer
- Harry is forced to undergo a refining process where he is torn and rebuilt into the help the world needs
- The novel presents a sophisticated understanding of racism and shows various alternatives towards racism.
- Are these books anti-Christian?
Collection Of 10 Topic Ideas For Your Essay About Harry Potter
When it comes to writing an essay about the Harry Potter series, you will need inspiration and some good prompts to get started. Fortunately, the books are full of situations, characters, and ideas to discuss in your paper. You may also find a quote that you either agree or disagree with and explain your point of view in your writing. The following collection of topics is worth your consideration.
Sample Topics for Your Harry Potter Essay
- Do you think of Severus Snape as a villain? (Explain your point of view using evidence from the books.)
- Why did Hermione marry Ron instead of Harry? (Imagine what would have happened if she chose Harry.)
- Who is your favorite character and what you particularly like about him or her? (Use the evidence from the books to describe the best character in your opinion.)
- Why did Voldemort become bad? (Analyze the issues he had in the childhood and how they influenced his personality.)
- Who is the bravest character in the series in your point of view? (Select two characters and compare their actions in similar situations.)
- What would you choose Horcrux or Hallows? (Provide the reasons why you picked one option or another.)
- Do you agree that the world of magic should be hidden from ordinary people? (Identify the reasons why the wizards hide from the humans.)
- Would you like to study at Hogwarts? (Answer this question and if the answer is ‘yes’, tell the readers which of the four houses you’d like to join.)
- Do you like the ending of the series? (Share your ideas on how the alternate end could look like.)
- Does the story show the influence of fate in the characters’ lives? (Pick the examples from the series to prove that the fate plays a significant role in the story.)
Tips on Composing an Essay on the Harry Potter Books
- Decide whether you will write about a particular chapter, a book, or a series.
- Remember about the length of the paper and make sure that you have enough words to address a chosen topic or else narrow it down.
- Study the formatting style guide, paying special attention to how to insert quotes and whether you’re allowed to use footnotes.
- Read the book carefully and find more information about its author, study critiques’ opinions, and watch the movie.
- Write an outline first, add the necessary details, and then prepare a rough draft.