posted by The Hyacinth Girl to Work & Money (4 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
- I am very meticulous and it can take several hours to fix something up. Some people are willing to pay per hour, but not many -- especially if their writing is awful to start with.
- I have an M.A. in English literature and seven years of high school teaching experience
- the going rate for tutoring around here (Toronto/GTA) for certified teachers is $40-$50/hour, although of course there is a huge range out there
So I see a couple of options, but I hope Ask MeFi can suggest some others:
1. Lower the hourly rate for editing to something like $20/hr, knowing that I will still make a fair amount due to the number of hours it takes to do a comprehensive job
2. Charge for a certain amount of editing. I've seen people offer "two major, and three minor suggestions", for example, at a fixed price.
College Essay Solutions offers premium services at prices that are fair and affordable. Because we are a “student first” company, our college essay tutoring is offered at a flat, rather than an hourly or per draft rate. You can also call or text us at anytime, or FaceTime or Skype by appointment, with questions, comments, or issues to be discussed. Why? Because we love this stuff!
Common Application Essay (650 word maximum): $699
The fee for supplemental essays is either one half or two thirds of the essay word count, depending on the complexity of the essay. On a 300 word essay, for example, the cost is either $150 or $200. If an essay is reused for more than one school, there is no charge.
Personal Statement for Graduate, Medical, Law School and MBA’s: $895
ALL PRICES INCLUDE UNLIMITED TIME AND NUMBER OF DRAFTS PER ESSAY
Please make checks payable to Craig Heller Productions and send to:
CRAIG HELLER PRODUCTIONS
6355 DeSoto Avenue, Ste. B405
Woodland Hills, CA 91367